Hello! well, Hukad is a restaurant here in the Philippines. I believe it is an Ilonggo term which means "to serve food" or "to put food on the table" because when I was a kid and whenever I am at home, my mom would always instruct our helper "
maghukad na" before we are about to eat and when the helper says "
nakahukad na te" it means that there's already food in the table and it is already arranged :)
My family's Ilonggo, btw.
anyways, Hukad is one of my favorite restaurants because it serves sumptuous Filipino foods and it is not that expensive, compared to other restaurants (Like Mesa, etc). plus! plus! plus!
It has unlimited rice!! which is a plus points for
matakaw Pinoys like me :)
this was what we ordered (Me and Enzo) the first time I introduced him to Hukad. I love their Crispy Pata ^_^ btw, it was my parents who told me to buy this at Hukad. They said it was delicious and right they are!!
The other dish on the bowl is Bicol Express, Enzo's favorite :D The bicol express only has sitaw in it and no meat. sad :(
we also went to hukad with paeng and Hezy. We ordered yummy Chicken Pandan, the Grilled Ribs and Pinakbet. Sadly, Pinakbet only has three veggies: bitter gourd, eggplant and squash. sad :(
This is Paeng and Hezy, btw. My awesome friends :D they are also Enzo's barkada who became my friends too :D they are great people. :)
And this is the rest of the pictures, including Enzo and my selfie. hahaha. hash tag selfie generation. lol. and as you can see, i also wore my dress i bought at a thrift shop :) Enzo said i looked like a detective. HAHA :) I also wore a ballerina high bun because it's the easiest updo to pull off :)
if you can notice at the last picture, my hand is ugly :( this is because i did the laundry earlier that day and i used baking soda. i think it reacted with the bleach that I used and thus, it resulted to ugly hands :((
anyway, not featured here is the
crispy dinuguan which is hands down, my all time favorite dish at Hukad. Service at this restaurant is also good with servers ready to serve you with a smile :)
and special thanks to Paeng for the free Pinakbet :D
it really pays to have working friends. hahaha :P