warning: this is very, very long because this is the 500 word essay i submitted to our supervisor at PJAC and it's more than five hundred words. hahaha. :))
anyway, yeah, last april 27 was a fun day, our last day at PJAC, last exercise, last training, lots of food and after that, lots of videoke and badminton and yes, MORE FOOD!
i love my OJT there :D
April 27, 2013
Sorry for the delay in my five
hundred words. J
Anyway, the last day at PJAC was a blast! I do mean it. I already missed my
stay there. On May 2, I’ll be starting with Legaspi Oil and I don’t know what
to expect, I mean, PJAC set the bar too high in terms of being hospitable and
accommodating to its OJT people.
Okay, so let’s start this over
five hundred word entry in a chronological manner. The group decided to go to
PJAC early (6:30 for time in!) because we’ll leave early as Engr. Guilua (not sure with the spelling, sorry)
will treat us out for a badminton and videoke night.
Well, a very beautiful voice woke
me up at 4:30 in the morning. The phone was vibrating violently. I thought it
was the alarm but turns out, it is a call from my best friend in Cagayan de
Oro. I was shocked to see him calling me at 4:30 in the morning! A very
beautiful but very slightly intoxicated voice greeted me good morning J
I woke up smiling and laughing..hehe. We talked for about a little less than 30
minutes before I prepared for work. Halfway through my preparations, my mom
also called so I heard another wonderful voice J
My soul sister also communicated with me and that made my splendid morning
before I arrived at PJAC.
I arrived at PJAC at around 7:30
am. Haha. Very early for our 8:00 call time. Haha. I did not pressure myself
because I know that I already exceeded my 120 hour limit so it’s okay J I’m just about to
finish my 500 words from the previous day when they all went outside for the
weekly Flag Ceremony. We were not aware that it already started so when we went
outside, it was already prayer time. The usual things happened, national
anthem, quality slogan, exercises and reports. One thing that was unique for
that day was when Jan Paul, in behalf of all OJT people, said his appreciation
and thank you speech for the warm welcome. Whoever picked JP did not make a
mistake because JP really said what I think each of us wanted to say to the big
bosses and to all the people here at PJAC.
Then, Sir Jeffer said that there
will be food. Oh yeah! More food! ^-^ At around ten in the morning, the
sotanghon was already there along with the bread. We were happy of course J Then, we too, have a
little thank you gift to all our mentors and supervisors so we ordered Jollibee
burgers and bought tetra packed juices, not for everyone, but for those that we
know. We can’t give food to everyone
because we are still students. Hihi. We are still poor. xD
Anyway, when the food came, we
immediately gave burger and juice to the people. We even went into the plant
and called Sir Melvin, Kuya Rio, Sir Oscar and the others to come and join us
in our mini salu-salo at the training room. When almost all was gathered, we had
a mini sharing of our experiences. We asked the PJAC people what they think
about us and what they want to say to us. I was happy to hear them thank us
because honestly, we were the ones who “disturbed” them in what they are doing.
We’re like nuisances. But they still thanked us for visiting them. Sir Jeffer
was right, for they really said that they were thankful that they saw some
girls. Hahaha. I heard a lot from them which I never thought I’d hear them say.
J It was really
heart-melting whenever they say that they also hope and pray and wish that we
will graduate as engineers—that when we meet next time, we would be engineers
already. It’s touching to know that someone supports you in your endeavour and
that someone, aside from your parents, also want you to succeed in life. And
what’s even more nakakataba ng puso
is knowing that you’ve only met and interacted with them for what, four, five,
fifteen days? And they can already say those things to us. :’)
We also had a mini speech
expressing our gratitude to them, for all that they taught us and for all the
non-technical things that we learned from them and ultimately, for being really
very nice and hospitable to us. Kristianne even cried and that started my
struggle to hold back tears. When she cried, I could almost feel myself tearing
up as well. Haha. Emotions -_-
Anyway, after “kidnapping” them
and disturbing them from their work, we finally ended with a group picture.
Hehe. We also brought snacks to those that cannot come into the training room.
We gave snacks to the laboratory people and to the production people. We
entered the production office and gave them snacks and took group picture with
Sir Quiblatin and another one with the operators. Hehe.
We also gave snacks to the
office—to the Japanese people. Hehe. We don’t know their names..ssssshh. :P
Anyway, we saw one Japanese for the first time and we took picture. I think
he’s like the biggest boss in PJAC, Philippines. Then we also took another
picture with the other Japanese. And we also took pictures with the people in
Ate Jill’s office and with another person beside Japanese number two. We saw
the pictures and Japanese number two is sooo cute! Hahaha. He even had same
smiles with JP in the two pictures. Hahaha. And we also took pictures and
pictures and pictures. Hahaha. It’s like a photo shoot day. XD
I don’t know with the others but we did not go
to the boiler. Haha. We just chilled and waited for the time to end. We are
very time-conscious. Haha. We were kind of excited and hyped for the treat. It’s
just sad that Sir Jeffer cannot come L
I don’t know why he did not say good bye or he did not have his farewell
message to us and I don’t know why he did not come to our laag L.
When the clock stroke three, we
were all excited to end our final hour in PJAC and go with our badminton and
videoke trip.
Truly, I really enjoyed the warm
welcome of the people of PJAC. I specially appreciated Sir Jeffer for
accommodating us and for his follow-ups. I appreciate all the learning that he
imparted to us and all the “tips” that we got from him. I appreciate that at
the end of the day, he took time in listening to our speech about what we
learned for the day. I appreciate that he gave us attention and that he follows
up. We never felt neglected. J
I also appreciate PJAC workers. They are always ready to impart knowledge and
they are eager to share what they learned with their experience and they are
very patient in answering our questions. I appreciate that they are very
friendly and not too technical; that they entertain us and our questions with a
smile and that they really wanted us to learn something from them; that they
give us free food! Hahaha. I appreciate that they also trust us enough to
discuss with us everything that the company do—even the information that should
be kept secret are shared with us in the belief that we will also keep it to
ourselves J I
appreciate that the employees are not too maldita
or maldito. I appreciate them all and I appreciate PJAC. I pray that the
company will prosper and all. And I also like it that we never have to bring
our own PPEs. Hehe.
I will surely miss PJAC—the vendo
machine, the training room, the plant, the RK, the MC, the offices, the people,
the free food, the bus! Hahaha. I am forever thankful that I had my one hundred
and twenty hours here at PJAC. J